twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

23 May 2015

This Months Skin Saviour | Bio-Oil Review







Admittedly, this time last year I never thought I would be writing a post about oiling my skin, but after researching bio-oil, it seems that the beauty benefits out way the cons and I could definitely do with some extra moisture as my skin has been on the dryer side.

As you can see from the empty bio-oil bottle, I have used the full 125 mls. The packaging is simple and functional, the oil is a peachy colour and appears clear on the skin and is a thin consistency due to the PurCellin oil which helps the skin absorb the oil by reducing the thickness and it has a mild sweet floral scent which is likely due to the Rosemary, Lavender, Calendula & Chamomile oils.


I have been using this for the past couple of months all over my body after showering (apply by rubbing in circular motions to dry skin) and occasionally my face / lips as an overnight treatment (applied onto slightly damp skin and left to absorb). I didn't encounter any breakouts and it just acted like a really nice intense moisturiser. I have heard it can take a while to soak into some peoples skin, however in under 15 minutes my skin had slurped it up.



Bio-Oil has also been a saviour for my dry hands & cuticles, I'm hoping it will prevent my nails peeling further. It is fantastic after shaving, it doesn't leave that sting that some moisturisers can leave and I've also used it on the ends of my hair when my argan oil ran out. 

My old stretch marks haven't reduced in size, but I did have a pal that cut his face really badly and used this while it healed and it surprisingly left him without scarring. I've also noticed that this oil does even skin tone and I believe it helps me hold onto my tan.

I do think that the oil itself is pricey, but luckily for us, Tesco now has almost £5 off the big 200ML bottles here.

Are you a cream, gel or oil fan? 
I'm interested to hear your views and experiences...

Hey guys, just an FYI: I am not affiliated with Bio-Oil or Tesco and all opinions are true and my own :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template