twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

18 April 2015

Smashbox | On The Rocks Review











So I've finally finished off my oil-free miniature that I got in a Smashbox Try It Kit and I liked it so much I bought a box of 3x 12ML bottles containing the plain oil-free, luminizing and hydrating version. The first thing I've noticed is that for some reason Smashbox miniatures are better value than buying a full sized product at RRP. A 30ML bottle of primer would tend to cost £25, however 3X 12MLs cost the same... eventually all those extra MLs add up!

These bottles are the perfect size for holidays, you only need a small pea sized blob for your whole face and the whitish oil free version does a fantastic job of controlling shine as well as blurring the skin to give a blank canvas. The texture is similar to Benefit's Porefessional, it goes on like a gel but then feels soft as talc when on the skin. The luminizing and plain oil-free primer are fragrance free, the hydrating version however has a slight artificial smell, I just can't quite describe it, it's kinda like the scent of nail polish.

The luminizing version has a lovely bronzey tone and is perfect for tanned skin. The colour doesn't tend to show up under foundation. So far my favourite of the trio has to be the white oil-free version, however this set is a great buy if you don't know what type of primer your looking for or are going on vacation and want a selection.

Have you tried any other Smashbox products recently?


Just incase you were wondering :D 
I bought this product with my own money and all opinions are true & my own. I'm not affiliated with Smashbox in any way! 

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried anything from Smashbox, but it's good to know that the white primer works. My skin is oily and I have big pores! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever tried Benefit's Porefessional? That can be good for pores, I use it on mine quite often. It is a beige colour that acts like a filler, it feels like liquid velvet on the skin and leaves a matte finish :D

      Delete

blogger template