twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

4 March 2015

Holiday Post | Mexico




Swim Up option
So Urmmm... I Guess I'll Find Another Route
Cobá Pyramid... Going Up
Cobá Pyramid... Coming Down
Chicen Itza  Pyramid
Open Sky Cenote
Cenote XCanche




It's hard to believe that exactly one month ago I was jumping on a plane to go and see one of my BFF's get wed. If you follow my IG you may know I stayed at the El Dorado Royale and I have had a couple of requests to write about the trip. Sooo, as well my usual weekend beauty post, I thought I would post this as an extra midweek treat... you lucky blighters!

The El Dorado Royale is an adults only, all inclusive resort, however, we did venture out to see parts of Mexico that we would have otherwise missed out on. The staff were friendly, the room was kept clean and overall they got a big thumbs up. If you are going there, then I recommend getting a room the 'swim up' option, it is nice to have a little pool on the patio for when you want to relax and dip your feet in the water over a coffee watching the sunrise/sunset. 


One tip I would give to anyone thinking of visiting this resort is to get to your personal concierge ASAP and book in for dinners as some of the restaurants require booking and the grill had a 6 day waiting list. On researching the area, travel sites often said that it is not expected to tip, this is inaccurate, In the resort and everywhere I visited, it was very much a tipping culture, in fact, locals rely on it.


I visited some amazing sites, my favourite had to be the Cenote XCanche, it was almost like venturing into a private cave which had catfish that swam upto you and swallows circling above, a far cry from routine London city life.

I'm currently looking for inspiration for my next trip, Any recommendations welcome...


2 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures, I'm sure you had a great time!! I would love to visit Mexico sometime! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fantastic! I'd definitely go again as there was so much I didn't get around to doing.

      Delete

blogger template