twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

9 February 2015

Max Factor Max Effects


£3.99 each / 4.5 ML

Cloudy Blue

Dazzling Blue

Ivory







Apologies for being late with this post, for those of you that follow me on my Instagram you may have seen that I have been trekking around the Gulf of Mexico and I'm currently on the Riveria Maya as one of my best friends is getting married.

With that in mind, let me introduce you to the Max Factor Max Effects Nail Polish, the colours were perfect for the turquoise & blue theme of the wedding and will be fab for any upcoming summer vacations that I have planned later in the year.


I love the fact that these bottles only hold a small amount, It's such a fab way to pack a few different colours for travelling and they take up less space and I mean lets face it, how often do you use a full size nail polish before it turns gloopy and you have to throw it away.


The Ivory is more of a gold sparkly polish and on application, I felt that the consistency was rather watery, however 3-4 coats later on all 3 polishes, the colour payoff was amazing. If you want more wow factor, then keep layering to get the desired effect. To help the polish last a little longer I used a base coat and managed 2 days before I started to see signs of tip wear. I also found that layering the duo chrome polish over various coloured bases gave different effects. Dazzling blue over Cloudy blue gave a wonderful sea green (little finger) and is more of a blueish tone on it's own (index finger).



All in all, I really like the colours and although the Ivory polish was quite watery, Dazzling blue was slightly thicker and Cloudy blue was thicker still. I tried to demonstrate this in one of the pics above, each bottle was laid down for the same amount of time yet hardly any of the cloudy blue polish left the bottle in comparison to Ivory.

All in all, a lovely range of colours and the brush is a great size, the product dries to an even finish. I am currently on the lookout for fantasy fire as the purple blueish duo chrome looks fantastic.

Has anyone else got recommendations for other colours from this range?


The Wedding Aisle

NB. I purchased these nail polishes with my own money and I'm not affiliated with Max Factor in anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Again amazing pictures! The nail polishes look pretty, I love blue nail polishes all year round! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I must admit I am a fan of blue polishes all year round too x

      Delete

blogger template