twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

18 January 2015

Dial A Smile Review | Whitening Lightning






With my Starbucks coffee addiction in full swing and a season of mulled wine drinking behind me, I have needed to spruce up my pearly whites. I have tried a few different products over the years, my most recent purchase has been the Dial A Smile Whitening Kit and after reading so many reviews I was sure that this was going to be a less painful alternative to the Crest whitening strips.

I purchased the kit directly from their site and my first delivery was shipped back to America when I wasn't in to sign for the package. I dropped them an email asking them to leave it in my post room (one main advantages of living in a London flat) and they sent me another one out straight away... thumbs up for customer service. 

When the second package came, I noticed that the whitening pen had leaked in it's box... darn it! There was still some product left in the chamber, but it was cracked and I couldn't use it.

The product claims to whiten your teeth 4-7 shades without sensitivity, which after using the Crest strips this sounded to good to be true. As you can see from the pics above, I didn't get to try out the majority of the gel as the rubber in the syringe started to break down and left me with a black icky mess in the syringe, this may be due to the fact I didn't store it in the refrigerator or it could be a fault with the product, I honestly don't know.

I did try out another whitening booster pen, I just coat my teeth in the gel overnight then brush it off in the morning. There has been a slight change in the colour of my teeth, on the last colour check I was still around a 6-7, so no huge difference. I have seen that they have reduced the kit and pen set from $129 to $50, but given the issues I have already had, I think I'll find another alternative product.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for whitening kits they have tried?

6 comments:

  1. That looks pretty good! Have to try them out!
    ----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm doesn't sound good. I never tried the white strips either guess I won't. The only whitening I have done is at the dentist. You buy the white gel to maintain the white. That did work good and lasted for years until I stopped maintaining. So I am looking for something too. I was thinking of ITan they have the treatment.

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, I will check them out. I have also seen the Go Smile system that is being recommended by Bloggers & You Tubers... So many decisions :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Dear :* This post is great !
    Do you want to follow each other? or can you click in link on my last post? :)
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I have just been over to your blog. You have some wonderful outfits on your peg, and I love the gold rings on your wish list. I am now following you!

      Delete

blogger template