twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

8 January 2012

Finger on the pulse...

Beyonce Pulse Eau de Parfum
£30 for 50mls

"Here's a perfume from a lady who sets pulses racing for a pastime. Much like her it's powerful, feminine and one-of-a-kind, and the woman who wears it is equally impossible to ignore. A truly innovative melody of citrus, floral and gourmand".

So is this scent bootylicious or booty awful?


Ok, so as you can see, the packaging has been designed to stand out from the crowd. The box has an attractive, simplistic holographic design. The metal look cap is actually plastic and it isn't designed for ease of use, It's a bit of a fumbly process to get the bottle out. The blue aquatic liquid looks like fresh tropical sea which I like.


The packaging is fairly cheap, it really didn't excite me and the payoff wasn't great either.

When I spritzed the scent on a card in the shop it smelt quite nice so I bought it, but since getting it home and trying it on my clothes and skin I've realised it smells different than I initially thought.

Firstly the base notes are Vanilla, Sandalwood and slightly Musky. This is paired with more Musk and Precious Woods then layered with Madagascar Vanilla, Midnight Blooming Jasmine, Peony, Bluebird Orchid, Pear Blossom, Bergamot and Blue Curacao Liqueur.

Admittedly I don't believe I've ever tried Blue Curacao Liqueur, but there is definatly some alcoholic notes in the mix, which has a slightly creamy effect. There is also a spicy aspect to this perfume, it does have a over-powering peppery smell initially until it settles on the skin.

I can smell the Bluebird Orchid which becomes more apparent when the scent settles, but admitedly I find the floral notes overall quite limp.


I've never tried any of Beyonce's scents before and this perfume doesn't encourage me to do so again. It is different to all the others in my collection and I think it's going to be a love it or loathe it scent. An hour after spritzing I find it just leaves a subtle baby talcum powder scent and needs re-application regurlarly :)

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template