twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

31 January 2012

Clarisonic MIA

Includes: Pink MIA, Universal Charger, Sensitive Brush Head & Travel Size Cleanser.

$130 (approx £90 @ time of purchase)

After watching missglamorazzi's You Tube Video on her skincare routine I became intrigued to try this product. I also suffer from dreaded breakouts regularly and I'm constantly on the look out for a gadget/ cream ( or anything ) that will finally banish my blemishes.

So when I was in Bloomingdales I finally snaffled my newest member of my skincare routine...


I opted for the Baby Pink MIA as a contribution of the purchase shall be donated to Breast Cancer Research.

Inside the box...

MIA, Cleanser, Charger, User Guide, 1x Brush Head.

The handset comes with a sensitive brush head, however if you do suffer from breakouts then the Delicate Skin brush head is recommended, so I bought 2 @ $27 each (incl tax) Each brush head can last for upto 3 months.





Clarisonic's brush oscillates over 300 times a second, the micro-massage motion is designed to work with the skin to reduce risk of damaging delicate skin by stretching or pulling. The gentle massage action should release dirt, make-up, oils and impurities trapped in pores, cleaning upto 6 times better than hands alone. 


After using the MIA, skin should absorb serums and moisturisers much more effectively, giving more radiant skin.

The refreshing gel cleanser is marketed for normal/oily skin. It is a foaming gentle cleanser which as a bonus is Paraben Free. This gel has gained itself a terrible reputation and even the sales rep was not thrilled with this cleanser.


The gel smells really fresh and clean. It has some small purpley shimmers in the gel and looks pretty. On the skin it leaves a squeaky clean feel but I found it extremely drying on my combination skin.


Ok, So on using this product I found the "universal charger" didn't fit into my shaver socket like I originally thought it would, luckily I already had a converter from shaver 2 prongs plug to the UK 3 prong plug socket and that's working fine.

I haven't as yet had a skin purge and I'm two days into using this twice a day. I have been using the gel cleanser it came with and my skin is definitely becoming quite dry. I've ordered Philosophy's Purity One-Step Cleanser which shall hopefully prevent the drying effects.

Thanks for reading  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template