twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

23 December 2011

Sampling Shiseido

Whilst having a bit of a sort out and de-cluttering my bulging bathroom shelves I came across these little samples I received on a past shopping spree.

These sample bottles were perfect for hand luggage so I took them on my plane journeys to see just how well they performed.


First up, BENEFIANCE Wrinkle Lifting Concentrate


I used this dabbed on underneath my usual eye cream, the skin under my eyes tends to be dry, especially on long haul flights and I hate to admit it but wrinkles are slowly starting to set in. During the flight it kept my skin soft but I didn't notice any plumping effect, so I continued to use it for a few days until the tube was empty ( a little goes a long way). After a few days I found my skin had a lovely glow, but still there was no improvement in the fine lines. This product smells florally and I found it over powering and it reminds me of the stereotypical OAP perfume... Yuk!

Secondly, BENEFIANCE Concentrated Neck Contour Treatment


A retexturising cream  that I thought would be a great idea to prevent sagging. I've never had a separate neck cream so I was looking forward to seeing the results. I like the cream itself, not to greasy and quickly absorbed. I didn't see any tightness in my skin but it did give me some much needed radiance. The only con to this product is that it smells yukky to me, like an old stale perfume.

Thirdly, THE SKINCARE Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam



This was gentle on my sensitive skin and left my skin fresh and temporarily oil free. It has a creamy mild foaming effect and a little goes a long way. It didn't feel like it stripped my skin like some of the other brands. I liked the smell of this product, it is a fresh scent but not over-powering. I would consider purchasing this in the future.

Last up, THE SKINCARE Hydro-Refining Softener Lotion



The idea is to use this product after toning and before moisturising the skin. It should help the moisturiser absorb and is great for sensitive skin. It's alcohol free and helped my skin rehydrate from the aeroplane recycled air and holiday sun. Again, a fresh clean and non-overpowering scent, it reminds me of sunscreen :)


Ok, So I probably won't be purchasing these products anytime soon but I did like the moisturising effects of the Wrinkle Lifting Concentrate. The Cleansing Foam worked well at removing my make-up and I'll continue to use the Softener lotion until the bottles empty :)

Em xx

2 comments:

  1. love it!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Glamorous, I'll check out your link too. x

    ReplyDelete

blogger template