twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

29 November 2011

My Beauty Essentials for November

As I love these types of posts, I thought I'd jump right in there and do one of my own. My must haves seem to change on a monthly/ weekly/ daily basis :) but these are what are my current loves.

YSL Instant Wake-Up Patches
£36 for 8 x2



OK, so after a month of many late nights I've found my eyes are puffy and swollen when I wake up. Rather than appearing like a panda I have resorted to my good ole' trusted brand YSL. Their patches have been a godsend and with Christmas approaching a few of us may require a wide awake glow on very little sleep :)



Another thing I find I reach for regularly is my Vital Eyes Brightening Eye Drops, £3.35 for 10ml.


I know some bloggers have received backlash about products like these as they are vaso-constrictors and with prolonged consistent usage some people are concerned that they shall have health contra-indications.  I only use these as and when I feel I want to brighten the whites of my eyes.

Vital Eyes also have an eye moisturiser which leaves me with blurry vision for a very short period of time. I actually prefer Hypromellose Eye Drops 0.3% (£2.50 for 10 mls) which I buy over the counter at Boots. If you want to try them then I always advise you to speak to the pharmacist.


Another well loved product I've been using is TIGI Root Boost
£10.35


After showering I roughly towel dry my hair, brush it (I know it can be damaging) and divide hair into sections and spray onto the hair near the scalp.


As you can see from the picture, the product comes out like a fizzy mouse. When I've roughly dried the hair with hair dryer it develops a lot of texture and prevents the need for back combing (teasing :)

Sally Hansen Miracle Cure
£9.65

My latest nail strengthener has recently become quite gloopy ( Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener) and didn't improve the condition of my nails, I thought I would try their Miracle Cure. I've been using it for around 2 months now and so far it has helped seal some of the peeling corners but we shall wait and see if it improves the overall condition of the nails.

Hopefully the product is more impressive than the packaging, you can see how it's easily got a battered appearance after rolling around the bottom of my handbag :D

Something else I've been reaching for daily as an eye shadow base is...

Rimmel Twist & Shimmer Eye Colours.
£2.99 + £1.89 P&P (Amazon)

I have this product in 006 Shake It and 001 Vibe.






006 Shake It
with flash

without flash

001 Vibe.

with flash

without flash


As always, thanks for reading,

Em x




2 comments:

  1. I haven’t heard of these YSL patches but they look like they would be very useful for the party season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria, I have to say the patches do work on my puffy eyes, but they don't have any impact on dark circles. I'm happy with the results, but would love to know of any cheaper versions out there that give the same results :) x

    ReplyDelete

blogger template