twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

31 October 2011

Product Rave.

ORIGINS Ginger Rush Intensely Hydrating Body Cream
£15 for 100ml tube
£25 for 200ml pot


Origins claim to have brought us an intensely hydrating body cream that is decadently rich and leaves us radiating in an amorous energy. It contains a blend of Ginger, Lemon, Lime and Bergamot essential oils. Sounds fab doesn't it?



I found this product whilst rustling through a pile of products in the duty free and managed to get this at a bargain half price :D I oh so do love getting a bargain.

From what I have seen Origins release this product every Autumn/Winter and discontinue it in the new year. I'm not sure why they do this and this can make it difficult to find, although eBay sell it most of the year it can be extremely over-priced. 

OK, so I was firstly impressed with the smell. I'm not usually a ginger fan, but the ginger and lemon/lime combo works really well. After applying this, my whole bedroom smells divine and I have been complimented on the scent when people thought it was a perfume ( I believe they have released this as a skin scent).

This product is incredibly thick...



On massaging it, it has a slightly oily feel which quickly disappears. It does need around 15-20 mins to fully absorb and does not leave a greasy or sticky texture. I like to use this before bedtime or on my wrists/knees/ankles before fake tanning and use a lighter moisturiser everywhere else. One pot of this product tends to last around a month if I use it once daily.

My skin did remain hydrated for 8+ hours. I have also tried the Souffle which didn't provide the hydration that the body cream did.

FYI: At the moment they have a free anti-ageing kit with orders over £40, and free delivery with orders over £30. They however do not have the Ginger Rush on sale yet which is disappointing.

Have you got any recommendations for a light moisturiser?

Thanks for reading,

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template